Hips, a Swedish founded Fintech company is looking for experienced developers capable of taking complex projects from ideation to release.
You will be part of a distributed cross-functional team of talented developers working together to create the best omnichannel payment gateway and platform in the world. We are looking for a backend developer to join us!
In this role you will be responsible for building high quality, secure and scalable web applications in the Finance/Fintech space. Our customers include industry leading financial institutions and Banks.
Join our new young team and be a part of setting a footprint in digital payments.
Responsibilities as a backend developer in our team include developing modern and scalable platform as well as integration with partners and certification of terminals. You will be working with our frontend developers, and together, build up our entire user experience experience. A developer in our team participates all aspects of the work, from initial planning and setting up component architecture to maintaining our components and handling issues.
Your expertise lies within Ruby and Ruby on rails development but there will be opportunities to technically support your colleagues on other technical domains as well. You will be eager to take ownership and develop reliable high-quality code. Occasional travel may be needed as our domain is spread across multiple locations not only in Sweden.
With Hips new Hybrid working policy we are open to take applicants from all of Sweden where presence at our offices in Karlstad or Halmstad can be combined with work from home.
- A solid grounding in OO software architecture / design patterns
- A pragmatic approach focused on delivering on-time while maintaining quality
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Firm grasp of data modelling
- A passion for software development
Eligible but not required
- Experience with ReactJS (and React Native)
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- You have at least 5 years of experience working as a developer.
- You find the description of this role exciting and want to build scalable software in a distributed architecture, and above all are passionate about solving challenging problems in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- You are a positive person by nature and have a passion for what you do, putting teamwork and collaboration above all else.
- You take great pride in your ability to grasp complex business scenarios and translate them into solutions with clean and performant code.
- You believe in yourself and your own abilities, but also appreciate that there is an endless ocean of new things to learn and take on board, cherishing the opportunity to do so.
Note: Specialized finance domain knowledge is not required but successful applicants must be able to quickly understand complex business rules and calculations. We are not accepting applications from recruiters for this position.